Everybody knows Donald Trump, he is the current president of the United States of America. Here at KidzFeed we have gathered complete set of Donald Trump Facts for Kids that will enable the kids to learn all about Donald Trump. We have got the best Donald Trump Biography for Kids where you will get to know who he is, why he is famous, his full name, age, height, date of birth, place of birth, nationality, childhood, ethnicity, religion, education, presidency, his role in climate change, health care, foreign policy for Iran & China, net worth, accomplishments, career timeline, political history, family, marriages, hobbies, his companies & hotels and many other interesting facts about Donald Trump.
Donald Trump Facts for Kids
1. Who Is Donald Trump – Introduction
- Donald Trump was an American businessman and television personality before he became a politician and was elected as the 45th president of the United States in November 2016.
- He is currently serving as president of tage, heighthe United States.
2. What Is Donald Trump Famous For
- At first he was a media personality who worked in well-known reality shows like The Apprentice and The Ultimate Merger, so there were already many people who knew him.
- He was also the owner of the Trump Organization, a real estate corporation which dealt with property – such as skyscrapers, casinos and luxury hotels – all over the United States and in numerous other countries as well. He was recognized by many as a very successful businessman.
- He entered politics and was elected president in 2016, adding up to his fame.
3. Donald Trump Full Name
- His full name is Donald John Trump.
4. Donald Trump Height
- Donald Trump is 1.9 m (6 feet and 3 inches) tall.
5. Donald Trump Age
- Donald Trump is 73 years old.
6. Where Was Trump Born And Raised
- He was born in New York, the United States and he was raised in the same city.
7. When Was Donald Trump Born – Donald Trump Birthday
- Donald Trump was born on June 14, 1946.
8. Where Was Donald Trump Born – Donald Trump Birthplace
- He was born in Jamaica Hospital Medical Centre, New York, United States of America.
9. Where is Donald Trump From – Donald Trump Hometown
- Trump’s hometown was New York City.
10. What Is The Birth Name Of Donald Trump – Donald Trump Birth Name
- Donald Trump’s birth name is Donald John Trump.
11. What Nationality Is Donald Trump – Donald Trump Nationality
- Donald Trump’s nationality is American.
12. Donald Trump Childhood Facts – Donald Trump Early Life
- Donald Trump was born as the fourth of five children and raised in New York City’s borough of Queens.
- He was born in a wealthy household. The neighbors of his childhood home recall that the Trumps used to have two Cadillacs parked in front of their house.
- As a child, he was nicknamed “Flat Top” because of his hair.
- At the age of five, he once followed his caretaker into the sewers of New York City, not even afraid of the dark.
- Throughout his young years, he was an unruly kid. He would interrupt classes, beat up other children, curse and cause unrest throughout the neighborhood.
13. What Ethnicity Is Donald Trump – Donald Trump Ethnicity
- The immediate family circle he comes from is the First Family of the United States.
- They are part of the Trump family that comes from Germany.
- Donald Trump’s mother, Mary Anne MacLeod, is from the Hebridean island of Lewis, Scotland.
- Donald Trump’s father, Fred Trump, was a US-born citizen.
14. What Is Donald Trump’S Religion – Donald Trump Religion
- Trump is a Presbyterian Christian.
- His ancestors on his paternal grandfather’s side in Germany were Lutheran, while those on his mother’s side in Scotland were Presbyterian.
- His parents married in a Presbyterian church in Manhattan, and he had his confirmation in the First Presbyterian Church in Jamaica, Queens.
15. Donald Trump Education
Where Did Donald Trump Go To School – Donald Trump School
- Trump attended Kew-Forest School from kindergarten to seventh grade.
- At 13 years of age, he was enrolled in a private boarding school called the New York Military Academy.
What College Did Donald Trump Attend – Donald Trump College
- At age 18, he went to Fordham University.
- Trump’s biographer, Gwenda Blair, has said that his grades at Fordham were “respectable”.
- However, instead of completing all four years at Fordham, he transferred after two years, deciding to pursue business.
Where Did Donald Trump Go To University – Donald Trump University
- With the help of an admissions officer who was a former high school classmate of Trump’s brother Freddy, Trump successfully transferred to Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
- In May 1968, he graduated with a B.S degree in Economics.
16. What Did Donald Trump Study – Donald Trump Education Background
- Donald Trump got a B.S degree in Economics from Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
- His former classmates from Wharton revealed to The Boston Globe in 2015 that he rarely took part in the activities of the university, and was more focused on working in the family business, Elizabeth Trump and Son.
- A 1984 Times profile of Trump showed that he had never made the honor roll as a student at Wharton. But Trump himself told the New York magazine in 1988 that he had “the highest grades possible”.
17. Donald Trump Presidency
- In November 2016, Donald Trump won the presidential elections and became the 45th president of the United States.
- He was inaugurated as president in January 2017.
- He is the current president of the United States.
When Did Trump Become President
- He was elected as president on November 8, 2016.
- He was inaugurated as president on January 20, 2017.
18. Donald Trump And Climate Change
- He announced the withdrawal of the US from the Paris climate change agreement; a pact in which 187 other countries promised to keep rising global temperatures “well below 2 degrees Celsius”.
- During his election campaign in 2016, he even said that climate change is “a hoax”.
- Donald Trump also accused climate change scientists of having a “political agenda” in October 2018. He told Fox News that humans are to blame for the increasing temperatures of the earth.
- The American government released a report on November 23, 2018, regarding the negative effects that climate change could have on the country’s economy.
- But three days later, when Trump was asked about it outside the White House, he replied, “I don’t believe it.”
- The president told reporters of BBC News that other countries should also cut down on their carbon dioxide emissions.\
- He is also reported to have said, “You’re going to have to have China and Japan and all of Asia and all these other countries, you know, it [the report] addresses our country.”
- He continued, “Right now we’re the cleanest we’ve ever been and that’s very important to me. But if we’re clean, but the rest of the Earth is dirty, that’s not so good. So I want clean air, I want clean water, very important.”
- Even when he met Prince Charles on June 5, 2019, he continuously denied the prince’s concerns about global warming, saying that the US is “clean” and that other countries should worry about their rising temperatures.
- He said, “China, India, Russia, many other nations, they have not very good air, not very good water, and the sense of pollution. If you go to certain cities … you can’t even breathe, and now that air is going up … They don’t do the responsibility.”
19. Donald Trump And Healthcare
- Only hours after his inauguration, Donald Trump began making efforts to undermine the Affordable Care Act. He signed an executive order, instructing agencies to take regulations as loosely as possible, and use waivers, exemptions and delays to lessen the financial burden of the law.
- On May 4, 2018, he disclosed the “American Patients First” Plan, through which the prices of drugs will be abated.
- He recommended drug makers to reveal the prices of their drugs through advertising. Customers would then go for the best value, and as a result of the competition, the prices of all drugs will go down.
- The Trump administration also fulfilled an important goal of the Republican party by allowing states to enforce work requirements on certain Medicaid recipients.
- Trump has also offered more services in the Medicare program and reduced costs, attracting more citizens to enroll in it.
20. Donald Trump And Iran
- Donald Trump brought about a huge change after taking office; he announced that the US would withdraw from the Iran nuclear deal.
- The deal is considered to be Barack Obama’s greatest achievements in diplomacy, but Trump regarded it as one of the “worst negotiations ever” made by the US.
- He said, “The so-called Iran deal was supposed to protect the United States and our allies from the lunacy of an Iranian nuclear bomb, a weapon that will only endanger the survival of the Iranian regime.”
- “In fact, the deal allowed Iran to continue enriching uranium and over time reach the brink of a nuclear breakout. Today, we have definite proof that this promise was a lie.”
- “The United States no longer makes empty threats. When I make promises, I keep them.”
- Trump went on to call the agreement “rotting and decaying”, saying that he would put the “highest level” of financial sanctions on Iran.
- The Trump administration said that only eight importing countries will be allowed, for a short period of time, to continue buying Iranian oil when the sanctions are put into effect.
- Ayatollah Khamenei, the Supreme Leader of Iran, countered this and said, “The world opposes every decision made by Trump.”
- However, the US Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo, put forward 12 demands and said that Iran would only be relieved from the sanctions when the its policies about the deal will be changed.
- On May 8, 2019, the Iranian president Hassan Rouhani responded by declaring that the US had “spared no effort” in endeavoring to weaken the deal.
- Rouhani said that Iran will reduce its “commitments” to the deal, but not completely withdraw.
- The Iranian leader even threatened to recommence the creation of higher enriched uranium in 60 days.
21. Donald Trump And China
- Even before he took office, Trump has been criticizing China’s trading practices.
- The US began researching China’s trade policies in 2017 and put tariffs of billions of dollars on Chinese products, making them expensive.
- China struck back by putting huge tariffs on American products.
- However, both US and international organizations have revealed that they are experiencing great losses as a result of this trade war.
- The IMF warned that a full-blown war could harm the global economy.
- Fortunately, the two countries decided to resume trade talks. Trump met the Chinese vice president Xi Jinping at the G20 summit in Japan on June 28, 2019.
- Trump said that the US would no longer be adding tariffs to Chinese imports, and that US companies will be allowed to sell to the Chinese tech giant Huawei.
22. Donald Trump Net Worth
- According to the Forbes Magazine, the estimated net worth of Donald Trump was $3.1 billion, as of March 5, 2019, making him the first billionaire president of America.
Donald Trump Wealth
- Bloomberg estimated the wealth of Donald Trump as about $2.8 billion.
23. What Has Donald Trump Accomplished – Donald Trump Accomplishments
- According to the White House, Donald Trump’s accomplishments so far are:
- Since election, almost 4 million jobs (including 400,000 manufacturing jobs) have been created.
- Median household income and employment rates in America are higher than they have ever been recorded before.
- In the last quarter, economic growth reached 4.2 percent.
- African-American unemployment, Asian-American unemployment, women’s unemployment, veterans’ unemployment, youth unemployment and unemployment of Americans without a high school diploma are now at the lowest rates they have been in history.
- The administration has lifted around 3.9 million Americans from food stamps.
- The biggest package of tax cuts and reforms has been signed in history.
- More affordable healthcare is available to Americans.
- There is no more an individual mandate penalty for Obamacare.
- Thanks to the Medicare program, hospitals will no longer be overcharging low-income seniors for their drugs.
- $6 billion has been added to funds in order to fight the opioid epidemic.
- Coal exports have been increased by 60 percent.
- US oil production reached its highest level in history.
- $700 billion has been collected for military funding.
- $69 billion more is being spent on defense by NATO allies since 2016.
- Efforts are being made to make the Space Force the 6th wing of the Armed Forces.
- An agreement has been made with the European Union to increase US exports.
- An Executive Order to keep Guantanamo Bay was issued.
- Net exports are predicted to increase $59 billion in 2019.
24. Donald Trump Career Timeline
|1962||Began working for father’s company, Elizabeth Trump and Son|
|1972||Became owner of Elizabeth Trump and Son and renamed it the Trump Organization|
|1983||Opened Trump Tower in Manhattan|
|1990||Faced bankruptcy, with $900 million in debt|
|1992||The casinos The Plaza, Taj Mahal and The Castle went bankrupt|
|1995||Trump Hotels and Casino Resorts went public|
|1999||Founded the Trump Model Management|
|1999||Joined the Reform Party|
|2001||Joined the Democratic Party|
|2004||Hosted The Apprentice on NBC|
|2009||Opened Trump International Hotel and Tower in Chicago|
|2009||Joined the Republican Party|
|2011||Became part of the Independent Party|
|2012||Rejoined the Republican Party|
|2015||Confirmed his candidacy for the 2016 elections.|
|2017||Inaugurated as US president|
25. Donald Trump Political History
- Donald Trump changed political parties very often up till 2015.
- He became part of the Republican Party in 1987 in Manhattan.
- In 1999, he switched to the Reform Party, the Democratic Party in 2001 and returned to the Republican Party in 2009.
- He kept making donations to the Democratic and Republican Party, party committees and candidates. But he stopped donating to the Democrats in 2010 and increased his contributions to the Republican Party.
- In February 2011, Trump delivered a speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference, in which he conjectured that he would run for the 2012 election.
- Even though he favored Mitt Romney for president instead during the election, his speech is said to have played an important role in starting of his political career in the Republican Party.
- At that time, his hopes to become president were only considered attempts to promote his reality show The Apprentice.
- His ambitions were even ridiculed by Obama at the White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner in 2011. After that, Trump was rarely taken seriously.
- On June 16, 2015, Trump announced his candidacy for 2016 and campaigned under the slogan “Make America Great Again”.
- He ran against Hillary Clinton, the Democratic candidate, and won the election.
26. Donald Trump Family
Donald Trump Parents
- Donald Trump’s father, Fred Trump, was a successful businessman who ran the organization Elizabeth Trump and Son.
- The work done by the firm was the construction and renovation of skyscrapers, casinos and golf courses.
- Trump’s mother was Mary Anne MacLeod, the daughter of a Scottish fisherman.
- She immigrated from the Western Isles of Scotland to America at age 17 and started working as a maid in New York, where she met Fred Trump.
- They both married in 1936 and settled in Queens, and in 1942 Mary became an American citizen.
How Many Siblings Does Donald Trump Have – Donald Trump Siblings
- Trump is the second youngest of five siblings.
- His eldest sister is Maryanne Barry. She was born in 1937 and worked as a senior federal judge in the Third Circuit Court of Appeals, but stopped in 2017 when her brother took office. She retired in 2019.
- His older brother was Fred Trump Jr. (1938–1981). He couldn’t work with his father after graduating from Lehigh University, so took up a job in Trans World Airlines as a pilot.
- Fred Trump Jr. married Linda Clapp in 1962 and had two children, Fred and Mary, before their divorce. He died in 1981 due to a heart attack caused by his addiction to alcohol. His death made Donald Trump avoid alcohol and drugs for the rest of his life.
- Another elder sister of Donald Trump is Elizabeth Trump Grau. She was born in 1942 and married the film producer James Grau in 1989. Before retiring to Florida, she was an executive for Chase Manhattan Bank.
- Donald Trump’s younger brother is Robert Trump (born in 1948). He managed the affairs of the Trump Organization outside of Manhattan, but has now retired from the job. He was married to Blaine Trump until their divorce in 2007, and currently works with the board of directors for ZeniMax Media.
27. Donald Trump Marriages
- Donald Trump’s first wife was Ivana Marie Trump, a former Czech model and businesswoman. After marrying Trump in 1977, she became the Vice President of Interior Design in the Trump Organization.
- She was even made the president of the Trump Castle Hotel and Casino, until their divorce in 1992.
- His second wife was Marla Anne Maples, and his only wife who was a US citizen at the time of their marriage in 1993. She is an actress and television personality and they got divorced in 1999.
- His third wife and current first lady of the United States is Melania Trump, a former Slovenian model. She and Trump married in 2005.
Donald Trump Wife
- His current wife is Melania Trump, who was born in Novo Mesto, Yugoslavia (present-day Slovenia) in 1970. She had an extensive career as a model until she married Donald Trump in 2005 and became the second foreign-born first lady of the USA. She and Trump have a son, Barron Trump, who was born in 2006.
How Many Kids Does Donald Trump Have
- Donald Trump has five children.
Donald Trump Children – Donald Trump Kids Names
- Donald Trump’s children, from the oldest to the youngest, are:
- Don Jr.
- Ivanka Trump
- Eric Trump
- Tiffany Trump
- Barron Trump
How Many Daughters Does Donald Trump Have – Donald Trump Daughters
- Donald Trump has two daughters.
- Donald Trump’s eldest daughter is Ivanka Trump, born in 1981. She was Trump’s second child from Ivana Trump.
- His second daughter is Tiffany Trump, his only child from Marla Maples. She was born in 1993.
How Many Sons Does Donald Trump Have – Donald Trump Sons
- Donald Trump has three sons.
- The two older ones are Donald Jr. and Eric Trump, both born from Ivana Trump. They both took charge of the family’s real estate business.
- The youngest is Barron Trump (born 2006), Donald Trump’s first child from Melania Trump.
28. Donald Trump Hobbies And Interests
- Donald Trump is a keen golf player. He first became interested in the sport during his years at the University of Pennsylvania. He owns and operates 18 golf courses throughout the world.
- He also loves beverages. Whenever he wants one, he presses a red button on the Resolute Desk and a butler brings him a coke.
- Trump watches about four hours of television a day. In fact, he is so serious about certain shows that when he is unable to watch them, he records their episodes to catch up on them later.
- There is also a rule in the White House; Trump and the technical staff are the only people who are allowed to touch the remote control.
- It is said that he becomes troubled when the news is not centered on him, and a former top advisor of the White House recalls that Trump “couldn’t handle it” when he was not in the headlines for two or three days.
29. Does Donald Trump Own Trump Tower
- Trump Tower is a 58-floor skyscraper located in Midtown Manhattan, New York City, which is used as the headquarters for the Trump Organization.
- He has sold some units of the tower to individual buyers, so does not own the entire building. He only kept some units to himself.
Who Is The Owner Of Trump Tower
- Trump Tower is a condominium, meaning that he can sell some units of it to sponsors or other people who want it.
- But he kept some units for business purposes, which are not for sale.
- So technically, Trump may own some of Trump Tower, but not all of it.
What Cities Have Trump Towers
- Trump Towers are located in the following American cities:
- New York City
- Las Vegas
- San Francisco
- Palm Beach
- Washington D.C.
30. What Companies Does Trump Own
- Trump Productions, LLC: An American television production company which managed many shows like The Apprentice and The Ultimate Merger.
- Sentient Jets, LLC: A firm that works with a group of private jet operators to provide private jets to its customers.
- The Trump Network: a pyramid scheme that began in 2009, when Trump bought a supplements company and scammed thousands of customers. He sold the company after two years.
- Trump Taj Mahal: a casino that was being built while Trump bought it on auction. However, it went bankrupt a year after it opened in 1990.
31. Does Trump Own Trump Hotels
- Trump has his name licensed on many hotels and luxury properties, but he sold most of them and now owns only 11 hotels.
32. Fun Facts About Donald Trump
- Donald Trump is a fan of World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE).
- Bad behavior was the reason why he was sent to a military academy in his teen years.
- He does not like shaking hands because he is a Germaphobe.
- He once played a role in the movie Ghosts Can’t Do It, and got a Razzie for being the worst supporting actor.
- Once, SPY Magazine sent the richest people in the world checks of 13 cents, and the only two people who cashed them were an arms dealer and Donald Trump.
- By the time he was 27 years old, he owned 14,000 apartments.
- While Trump hosted the show The Apprentice, he was paid $375,000 for each episode.
- He is known for being very insecure about the length of his fingers.
33. Donald Trump Biography Book
- Some books on Donald Trump’s biography are:
Donald Trump Autobiography
- Some published autobiographies of Donald Trump are:
Donald Trump Kids Book
- Author Michael Ian Blank has written a book on Donald Trump for children, published in 2016.
- The book is titled A Child’s First Book of Trump.
Donald Trump Official Website
- Donald Trump’s official website is https://www.donaldjtrump.com